To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Ed Warnicke <eaw@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:56:11 -0500
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Request for review of DNS related draft

I have published a draft defining a method for using DNS given
an IP address to resolve the subnet that contains that IP address,
the netmask of that network, and the gateway(s) on that network.
It is very similar in purpose the RFC 1101, but allows for
variable length subnets, and the delegation of zones on
non-octet boundaries.

The draft is available here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-warnicke-network-dns-resolution-00.txt

My intention is to pursue having this published as an informational
RFC.  I would very much appreciate any comments or criticism
of the draft.

Thank you for your time,
Ed Warnicke