To: "'Masataka Ohta'" <mohta@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp>, Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc: Mark.Andrews@isc.org, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, dnsop@cafax.se, dnssec@cafax.se
From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:14:46 -0700
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: RE: dnssec discussion today at noon

> > 	This assumes perfect implementation of the cryptography and the
> > manner in which cryptography is used (and the whole rest of the
> > system).  Schneier teaches us that this is a highly unlikely
> > situation to occur anywhere.
>
> I'm teching you Schneier (whoever he is) is wrong, then.

I am not too sure that Bruce made quite the point originally stated,
and if he did make it one should take a look at some other statements
Bruce has been known to state before necessarily taking his word as
gospel.

In fact I would suspect that a more accurate representation of
Bruce's position would be 'think about the protocol, don't depend
on dogma, including dogma that you might find attributed to me.'

		Phill

Home | Date list | Subject list