To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Rob Austein <sra+dnsop@hactrn.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 13:31:30 -0500
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: draft-ietf-dnsop-v6-name-space-fragmentation-01.txt

At Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:21:35 +0100 (CET), Mats Dufberg wrote:
> We should recommend that customers zones (4) be served under IPv4, but I
> think it is a misstake to think that customers can rely on free
> namesservers.  Free nameserver service has limitations.

Never intended to imply that this would be a free public service.
Presumably it would work out much the same way as DNS service works
out now: some sites would do everything themselves, some would
outsource to a commercial provider, some would beg service from
better-connected friends, some would pool resources to rent better
connected rack space, and some would undoubtedly find some other
approach not listed here.

Home | Date list | Subject list