To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, Simon Coffey <sicoffey@yahoo.com>
Cc: Bruce Campbell <bruce.campbell@ripe.net>, dns op wg <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: Daniel Senie <dts@senie.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:22:15 -0500
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: spurious updates

At 12:52 PM 1/29/02, Randy Bush wrote:
> > Sorry, didnt figure that Randy *is* looking after psg.
>
>yes, this particular server is the primary for psg.com.  and it serves as
>secondary for a lot of other zones.  but psg.com is the only zone configured
>to accept dynamic updates.  could it be that the updates were targeted for
>other zones, and are incorrectly reported as being targeted to the only zone
>for which dynupd is enabled?  that would explain a lot.

I don't think so.

I get the same messages about owl.com and jove.com, two domains I host for
customers. I don't have dynamic updates configured for ANY domains I host.
Several people have tried to steal, swindle or otherwise abscond with both
of those domains. I've assumed the Win2K-generated traffic was just used by
the same people who're trying to steal those domains.

Dan
Daniel Senie                                        dts@senie.com
Amaranth Networks Inc.                    http://www.amaranth.com

Home | Date list | Subject list