To: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
CC: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Simon Coffey <sicoffey@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:30:54 +0100
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-main-sane-tld-00.txt

Title:
Edward,
My experience with ICANN, when discussing defining new TLDs, suggests that they consider it to be the responsibility of the IETF to define or reserve TLDs for "special" purposes.  So whilst they no doubt would wish to be involved in these decisions, they would take the lead from the IETF when it comes to the need for a particular TLD.

regards
Simon