To: "Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino" <itojun@iijlab.net>, "Robert Elz" <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
Cc: <ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com>, <namedroppers@ops.ietf.org>, <ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com>, <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: "Christian Huitema" <huitema@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:01:47 -0700
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: RE: (ngtrans) Joint DNSEXT & NGTRANS summary

In retrospect, I believe I made at least one mistake when writing the A6
RFC, which is going for a "full recursion" model. This triggers all
kinds of "interesting" possibilities. Going for a site model would have
been more appropriate: basically, one could request that the "prefix
domain name" points to a set of AAAA records, allowing for exactly one
level of indirection.

-- Christian Huitema

Home | Date list | Subject list