To: ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com, dnsop@cafax.se
From: "D. J. Bernstein" <djb@cr.yp.to>
Date: 5 Aug 2001 00:47:36 -0000
Automatic-Legal-Notices: Copyright 2001, D. J. Bernstein. My transmission of this message to you does not constitute a copyright waiver or any other limitation of my rights, even if you have told me otherwise.
Subject: Re: Joint DNSEXT & NGTRANS agenda

Masataka Ohta writes:
> I have been suggesting that these records be put in a referral-local
> cache content of which is not used for usual A query nor glue A of
> other referral points.

What records are you talking about?

Typical A6 reliability problems involve servers that don't know the next
step in the A6 chain. How is the server going to provide records that it
doesn't have?

Of course, we can eliminate the reliability problems by making sure that
the servers have the entire A6 chain---in which case it's far simpler to
use AAAA.

---Dan

Home | Date list | Subject list