To: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com, ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com, dnsop@cafax.se
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:16:09 -0400
Subject: Re: (ngtrans) Re: Joint DNSEXT & NGTRANS agenda

  My main fear about A6 is documentation: it seems too complicated, and the failure
cases for it seem very hard to explain to muggles.

  Muggles have enough time maintaining IPv4 DNS records without DNSSEC.

  I am not certain if DJB is correct about the technical argument about
signatures. I do not have a problem resigning my zones every day. I think
that I have enough CPU. Maybe this won't be true for ccTLDs, etc.