To: "Larson, Matt" <mlarson@verisign.com>
cc: <dnsop@cafax.se>
From: Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 07:38:54 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: RE: RR distribution by type?

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Larson, Matt wrote:

> > The distribution might vary widely by depth, etc., of the zone.
>
> Agreed.  But it's the leaves I'm interested in, since the TLD zones are
> predictably dull: just NS and A records.

On the other hand, I find the way COM/ORG/NET handle A records strange.

The delegation of SATSAFE.COM has, for some reason, been removed, but the
former glue record of ns.satsafe.com is now an authoratative record of the
COM zone.

KRAM.NET is delegated to ns1.kram.net and ns2.kram.net (with glue
records). Earlier it was delegated to www.kram.net and mail.kram.net. The
NET zone continues to announce www.kram.net and mail.kram.net as A
records.

How should they be considered?

Mats

Mats Dufberg                                     +46-8-545 857 06
dufberg@nic-se.se                           fax: +46-8-545 857 29

Home | Date list | Subject list