To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Bruce Campbell <bruce.campbell@apnic.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 05:58:57 +1000 (EST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DNS transition

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Randy Bush wrote:

randy> > Alain did not present specifics, but did (I think) include basics (such as
randy> > a dual-stack dns resolver in the resolver path).
randy>
randy> for the 19th time.  no one had issues with the presentation UNTIL he got
randy> to the diagram WITHOUT a dual-stack resolver.

Could the presentation under discussion appear on the 'net somewhere, as
obviously my memory (and hence my comments) of the slide on the screen at
the time of the discussion in question is incorrect.  Without that to
point at, we're just going to go round in circles.

( ie, I remember the slide on the screen at the time of the discussion as
  showing 1 collection of roots accessible via v4 and v6 + a dual-stack
  resolver being involved )

--==--
Bruce.

Home | Date list | Subject list