To: Bruce Campbell <bruce.campbell@apnic.net>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:29:29 -0600
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DNS transition

> Alain did not present specifics, but did (I think) include basics (such as
> a dual-stack dns resolver in the resolver path).

for the 19th time.  no one had issues with the presentation UNTIL he got
to the diagram WITHOUT a dual-stack resolver.

> The existence of a v6 root does not seriously impact[1] on v4 DNS
> resolutions, and provides a boost to the v6 migration of the 'net, or at
> least, use of v6 DNS.

you seem to have missed the point that the particular diagram with a v6-only
root actually partitioned the internet.  if you don't like new.net, then you
won't like this.  if you do like new.net (and other partitionings), i
suspect you are in the wrong meeting.

randy

Home | Date list | Subject list