To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:53:28 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: DNS transition

------- Forwarded Message

To: randy@psg.com
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:50:50 +0900
Sender: itojun@itojun.org

	we don't need to do strictly bottom up, we don't need to do strictly
	top down.
	it is easy to make eng.sun.com NS to IPv6 ready, as sun.com has the
	total control over eng.sun.com NS record.  important thing is to make
	sure:
	- have root, TLDs, to become IPv6 ready sooner.
	- ask registries to take AAAA/A6 glue records for NS
	otherwise we cannot deploy.

	we do not plan to partition the internet.  we need to gradually
	make the world dual stack (and then cease IPv4 part, but that is
	another story).

itojun

------- End of Forwarded Message

Home | Date list | Subject list