To: "Jim Bound" <seamus@bit-net.com>, "Bill Manning" <bmanning@isi.edu>
Cc: "Randy Bush" <randy@psg.com>, <perry@wasabisystems.com>, <users@ipv6.org>, <dnsop@cafax.se>, <ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com>
From: "Christian Huitema" <huitema@exchange.microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:02:14 -0800
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: RE: (ngtrans) Re: IPv6 dns

Well, IPv6 users who want to access the IPv4 only DNS server will need
some form of solution. There is indeed no particular problem in
deploying a relay-resolver -- we are doing that all the time. The only
question is, how do IPv6 only resolvers find the nearest or most
adequate dual-mode relay? DNS server discovery may or may not be the
answer; are we ready to accept that "default server" and "IPv4 relay"
are the same function?

Home | Date list | Subject list