To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc: Brian E Carpenter <brian@hursley.ibm.com>, ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com, users@ipv6.org, dnsop@cafax.se
From: Jim Bound <seamus@bit-net.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:40:30 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: (ngtrans) Re: IPv6 dns

DNAME for ISP.COM
DNAME for HOME.ISP.COM
DNAME for my.unit.HOME.ISP.COM

If ISP.COM renumbers all that has to be done is change the prefix of
the highorder bits of my Ipv6 address and only those SIG records
theoretically is the view (its much more complex), but this assumption
I think is bogus because then one assumes that a new ISP2.COM will use
all loworder bits to the right of the highorder bits prefix.  I am not
clear that is a valid assumption.

/jim