To: Miek Gieben <miekg@nlnetlabs.nl>
cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:35:45 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DNSSEC and child sigs

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Miek Gieben wrote:

> We can identify the following situations:
>
>                             A         B       C          D
>   parent has ..         |key+sig  |key+sig|   -      |key+sig  |
>   child has             |key+sig  |key    |key+sig   |   -     |
>   ----------------------+---------+-------+----------+---------|
(...)
> It seems that D is the most optimum and B also ranks high, but we see
> that bind9 uses either A or C. Why?

Data in the delegation point, and below, belongs to the child zone. Any
data in the parent zon (NS, A/glue) are actually copies of data in the
child zone (parent is not authoritative for that data). NXT is an
exception (where you have two different in the same node), but KEY and
SIG are not, as far as I know.

Mats

Mats Dufberg                                    dufberg@nic-se.se
NIC-SE                                           +46-8-545 857 06
Box 5774                                    fax: +46-8-545 857 29
SE-114 87 Stockholm                         http://www.nic-se.se/

Home | Date list | Subject list