To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:25:38 +1100
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Last Call: Root Name Server Operational Requirements to BCP

    Date:        Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:49:35 -0800
    From:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>

  | [ note cc:s narrowed to those assumed actually interested ]

Oh, forgot to say that my message was to the places requested in the
last call, plus the WG list, and ...

  | i suspect that was the intent.

And also forgot to say, that if the "other" interpretation was the
intent, then that is also not clear, and the wording ought be fixed
to make that plain "root servers must discard dagagrams with a
zero UDP checksum, and must verify the checksum otherwise" or something
(better words that that can be found, I'm sure).

So either way, some change ought be made to that paragraph/sentence.

kre

Home | Date list | Subject list