To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:21:24 -0800
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: draft-iab-unique-dns-root-00.txt

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 10:29:01AM -0500, Ray Plzak wrote:
> I've read through the document and support it.  A statement of this nature
> is long overdue.
>
> Ray

As it happens, I have read the document several times over the past
months.  It is indeed about two years overdue.  At first I was a little
disappointed that it wasn't more aggressively technical (for example
addressing cache-poisoning issues with multiple roots), but in
retrospect, a single root is really a fundamental design principle, and
the rest is just implementation.