To: Masataka Ohta <mohta@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp>, namedroppers@internic.net, dnsop@cafax.se
From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <Harald@Alvestrand.no>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:10:22 +0200
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: IANA, DNS names, URL names...

At 05:39 28.09.99 +0900, Masataka Ohta wrote:
>It basically says URLREG WG, which sees DNS and URL name spaces share
>the same property, merely because they are string based.
>
>Comments please.

1) Your draft does not mention the URL name space
2) I don't see the relevance of URLREG to DNSOP and namedroppers
3) I disagree with you that URL scheme registration is pointless.
4) The same argument (if I understand it) applies to well known port numbers,
    protocol numbers and most other IANA registries. Do you think these
    functions too are pointless?

What's your point?

                      Harald A

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no

Home | Date list | Subject list