To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Akira Kato <kato@wide.ad.jp>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 01:47:04 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Is Scope working well?

Beside the discussion related to "politicalness", I have a question
on the idea of "scope" in Mohta san's darft.

The practicalness of scoped addresses is shown only by the
proliferation of private address. We sometimes see the prefixes for
the provate address space in the global internet routing table. This
indicate us that complete prevention of the "leak" is not so easy
otherwise implemented as the default configurations of many router
implementations. Is there any good tool to declare a scope?

Second point is the dynamicness of the "scope". I feel the scope
Mohta san proposing is relatively static from the word
"administratvely". Is this interpretation correct?

Last point I don't agree with is:
	operators of an AS adjacent to the root servers' AS be fully
	responsible to the operation of the root servers,
(at the end of section 2)

I understand the operators of adjacent ASes should have some degree of
responsibility on the transit service to/from the root server AS.  The
responsibility of the operation of a root server should be on the
operators of the root server.

-- Akira Kato

Home | Date list | Subject list