To: mohta@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta)
Cc: hardie@equinix.com, mohta@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp, dnsop@cafax.se
From: hardie@equinix.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:26:28 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Root Server Operation

Masatka Ohta writes:
> It is my surprise that a WG draft already existed without
> discussion, even though there has been my draft ID.
>
> Can chairs explain why it happened?

I contacted Lars-Johan to volunteer.  He asked me to coordinate with
you.  As I said, I tried to contact you without response.  Since
your draft was not available in the drafts directories and you
did not respond, I produced a new draft based on the discussions
held on the mailing list.

> Your draft technically is a minor modification, some of which
> are not good, of mine.

I tried to include comments on the experimental proposal I put to the
mailing list, as well as those few comments made on the draft you
circulated.  I did not base the draft I sent in on the text of your
draft, but on the output of the mailing list as a whole.

I look forward to your comments indicating which elements need to be
revised and to working with you and the wg on further iterations.

			regards,
				Ted Hardie
				hardie@equinix.com

Home | Date list | Subject list