To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>, Bill Woodcock <woody@pch.net>, Bruce Campbell <bruce.campbell@ripe.net>, dnsop@cafax.se
From: bert hubert <ahu@ds9a.nl>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 17:22:09 +0100
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: quibbles about what is anycast.

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 07:54:47AM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> in actual use, we have been surprised at how well anycast tcp works
> within a large isp.  like O(10^5) users for multiple hours.  most routing
> instability has a relatively small number of real causes.

Until you get to the point where a router routes based on, say, the length
of the packet and sends the SYN packet to the left and later packets to the
right.

Depending on hoping that all your packets will end up in the same place
makes about as much sense as depending on your packets arriving in the same
order as you passed them to the kernel - very little.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services