To: Richard Shockey <rich.shockey@NeuStar.com>
Cc: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com>, <keydist@cafax.se>, <jis@MIT.EDU>
From: Jakob Schlyter <jakob@crt.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 22:47:10 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: I intend to have a document ready for Atlanta on this subject.

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Richard Shockey wrote:

> It would seem that a IPsec only solution would miss a useful opportunity
> to address the larger problem.

are we sure we really have to solve the larger problem? by starting to
solve small problems, I believe we have a better chance of succeeding.

different protocols has different needs and should use different
solutions. appkey did try to squeeze everything down into one big key
bucket. I think that was the wrong path and that we know better now.

	jakob

Home | Date list | Subject list