To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>, Jakob Schlyter <jakob@crt.se>
Cc: Ed Lewis <edlewis@arin.net>, Key Distribution <keydist@cafax.se>
From: David Conrad <david.conrad@nominum.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:57:47 -0700
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: BoF slot applied for...

Michael,

Given the political polarization and deadlock in the IETF these days, I
would think a more efficient means to facilitate interoperability would be
to get working code that meets people's real world requirements, work out
the bugs, then throw a document that describes the working protocol over to
the IETF as an informational RFC.

Rgds,
-drc

On 9/30/02 7:27 AM, "Michael Richardson" <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca> wrote:

>>> Do we ask for a second BOF slot in Atlanta?
>
>   Jakob> no, I think we should hold until we've have more experience with
> actual
>   Jakob> deployment of the things, like sshfp and ipseckey, people are working
> on.
>
> It is not clear to me how those items can even advance.
>
> ]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |  firewalls
> [
> ]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net
> architect[
> ] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device
> driver[
> ] panic("Just another Debian GNU/Linux using, kernel hacking, security guy");
> [

Home | Date list | Subject list