To: Jakob Schlyter <jakob@crt.se>
Cc: Simon Josefsson <simon+keydist@josefsson.org>, Walt Howard <howard@eng.utah.edu>, keydist@cafax.se
From: Mark.Andrews@isc.org
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:09:27 +1000
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Let's assume DNS is involved

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
> > This makes no sense to me.  What do you mean by a "host's RRset"?  The
> > host's IN A RRset? APPKEY/CERT IN RRs are separated from a host's IN A
> > RRset.  Any number of IN APPKEY/CERT RRs attached to a domain name does
> > not affect the size of an IN A query for that domain name.
>
> many applications in the past, and probably still, queries for ANY.
>
> 	jakob

	I'd dispute the many.  The one that did has learnt the error
	of its ways.  An application can't depend upon ANY queries
	to return ALL the RRsets at a node.  It still has to make
	individual queries.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews@isc.org

Home | Date list | Subject list