To: James Seng <jseng@pobox.org.sg>
cc: <keydist@cafax.se>, Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
From: Mats Dufberg <dufberg@telia.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 22:26:30 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Let's assume DNS is involved

On Apr 6, 2002, 09:11 (+0800) James Seng <jseng@pobox.org.sg> wrote:

> The opponent argues that we should not loading more stuff into the DNS,
> especially other existing technology can provide the same thing. LDAP
> servers can serves certificate as well as DNSSEC.

That requires more code into SSH since it has to be able to speak LDAP
too. DNSsec will be needed in any case so that you know that your are
talking to the correct LDAP server.

Mats

Mats Dufberg				             Registry TeliaNet
dufberg@telia.net                                  Skanova/AO Networks
+46 8 456 7274                                               Box 10707
+46 70 258 2588                                    SE-121 29 Stockholm