To: keydist@cafax.se
From: Simon Josefsson <simon+keydist@josefsson.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:07:36 +0100
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: draft-josefsson-siked-framework-00.txt

A mailserver (unfortunately not under my administration) delayed my
mail to internet-drafts@ietf.org until after the deadline, so I'm not
sure the I-D editor will publish anything (I've asked).  Anyway,
announcing an I-D isn't that difficult, so have a look at the URL,
title and abstract below.

My calendar tells me that I have another conference to attend during
the IETF meeting, so I won't make it there for the BOF.

/Simon

http://josefsson.org/draft-josefsson-siked-framework-00.txt

Network Working Group                                       S. Josefsson
Internet-Draft                                              RSA Security
Expires: August 23, 2002                                      W. Griffin
                                                                NAI Labs
                                                       February 22, 2002

                 Notes on Application Key Distribution
                   draft-josefsson-siked-framework-00
Abstract

   The debate over whether to store cryptographic keys used by
   applications in the Domain Name System or not has been going on for
   some time.  There are arguments for and against [6].  This document
   tries to take a step further and provides some initial terminology,
   problem statement and use cases for storing application keys in DNS,
   in order to enable more substantiated input to the discussion.  We
   mention some proposed solutions so far.  We also give some
   requirements on a solution (be it DNS based or not) that would
   satisfy the use cases.

Home | Date list | Subject list