To: keydist@cafax.se
Cc: lewis@tislabs.com
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:59:48 -0500
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: documents so far

So far two documents have been published in the internet-drafts directory.
The announcement are below.  The deadline for any other drafts is tomorrow
(some time), since the other drafts would likely be -00's.

So far I have heard that Wes and Simon are working on combining their
efforts.  I haven't heard from anyone else in terms of volunteering.

Although Jakob and I didn't do this (at least I didn't), it might be a good
idea to send the ID announcements to this list.  This will help in
generating an agenda for the BOF slot.

>	Title		: Storing application public keys in the DNS
>	Author(s)	: J. Schlyter
>	Filename	: draft-schlyter-appkey-02.txt
>	Pages		: 7
>	Date		: 13-Feb-02
>
>This document specifies a new DNS RR type for applications to store
>public keys in.  Experience with DNSSEC has indicated that mixing DNS
>keys and application keys is a bad idea in many regards.  The new RR
>expands certain fields based on experience from early DNSSEC
>deployment.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schlyter-appkey-02.txt

and

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
>

>	Title		: Discussing Application Public Keys in the DNS
>	Author(s)	: E. Lewis
>	Filename	: draft-lewis-siked-dnsargs-00.txt
>	Pages		:
>	Date		: 18-Feb-02
>
>A debate over whether to include public keys for other applications in
>the Domain Name System has been held ever since the introduction of the
>DNS Security Extensions.  This document records the salient points of
>the debate.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lewis-siked-dnsargs-00.txt

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

Do you have the time to listen to me whine
About nothing and everything all at once?
-- Green Day ("Basket Case")

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list