To: keydist@cafax.se
Cc: lewis@tislabs.com, jakob@crt.se
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 04:00:19 -0500
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Potential Writing Assignments

Jakob and I are about to start the process of applying for a BoF slot in
Minneapolis.  The step we are thinking about now are assembling a
collection of drafts and draft editors.  So this is a list of potential
drafts and editors.

Titles and assignments are flexible, listed only to spur activity:

Definitions and Scenarios - Simon
Survey of Applications Using Keys - Wes
Appkey: A DNS-based approach - Jakob
RESCAP-based approach - Keith
DNS Considerations: Lessons Learned in the DNS WGs - Ed
SSH Key Considerations - Rodney

If others feel the need for a draft not listed, you are welcome to mention
it.  (And if you don't want to edit the listed draft, that's fine too.)
These drafts are what I saw as obvious candidates while rummaging through
the archives.  (I'm pretty sure I missed one or two.)

What is intentionally unassigned is "Requirement for Key Distribution" and
a statement on the scope of the group.

The Requirements document would be the first document considered by a
formed WG and be based upon the results of at least the first two drafts
and possibly more (or even all listed).

The scope of the group will be written into the proposed charter.  Jakob
and I will generate a first cut of that in the next week.  However to do
this, it would be good to have a list of drafts to include (hence this
message).

For those who will commit to writing documents, please include "keydist" in
the file name, and please have at least a -00 submitted in a few weeks so
that the powers that be can decide if we even get a BoF slot.

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list