To: keydist@cafax.se
Cc: lewis@tislabs.com
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:46:29 -0500
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: 53rd IETF is creeping up on us

I must admit I am still behind on the threads on this list.  But it's open
season on BOF slots in Minneapolis already.  Before I do anything about
this, I want to make sure folks on the list think we should go for a BOF.

"Go for a BOF" does not commit us to a working group, but it is a first
step towards one.  There is some work to be done to get a BOF, its not
automatic.  The purpose of a BOF is to expose the issues to the IETF
general audience and to gauge from an ever wider audience whether this
effort should be chartered.  The BOF would be an arena for presenting ideas
and issues - but not for argueing, err, hammering out consensus.

So - air any ideas on whether we want to go for a BOF and if you are
willing to contribute content to the meeting.  As far as an organizer, I'm
willing to do that, but if someone else wants to do this let me know.  The
BOF organizer does not always remain the WG chair (if and when).

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list