To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc: Simon Josefsson <simon+keydist@josefsson.org>, <keydist@cafax.se>
From: Jakob Schlyter <jakob@crt.se>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:30:12 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-Date: Mon Dec 31 12:30:17 2001
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: What are we trying to do?

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Randy Bush wrote:

> actually, i am still thinking more of using the dns only to locate the
> service for all users and hosts in the domain.  e.g.
>
>     _keys.psg.com     A      <my ldap server>

how do you communicate securly with this server? i.e. how do you bootstrap
trust from dns into this other lookup service.

and, when we've added the thing bridging dns to this other service, we
have to solve all other aspects of a good lookup service such as lookup
speed, redundancy and scalability. then try actual deployment.

	jakob

Home | Date list | Subject list