To: Rodney Thayer <rodney@tillerman.to>
Cc: keydist@cafax.se
From: Erik Nordmark <Erik.Nordmark@eng.sun.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 02:01:56 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-Date: Wed Jan 2 19:02:50 2002
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: What are we trying to do? [is this security or is it dns..]

> In IETF-speak, this is usually where the AD's interrupt the conversation
> with some (hopefully but not always) declarative as to what's on-topic
> and what's off-topic.

We don't have ADs assigned to mailing lists.
Since it isn't obvious to me that this mailing list is part of
the DNSEXT WG I don't know what statement might be expected.

My understanding was that in order for DNSEXT to make good progress on
securing the DNS infrastructure it made sense to separate out
the discussion about application keys.
And one could argue that storing application keys in the DNS is not
in the DNSEXT charter (but one could also argue that RFC 2535 allows it hence
it should be in DNSEXT scope.)

I understood the purpose of this mailing list to try to come up
with a scope and problem statement for application keys in the DNS,
and perhaps think about requirements and potential solutions.
Once we collectively understand that we can figure out
what next steps make sense.

  Erik

Home | Date list | Subject list