To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Cc: Key Distribution <keydist@cafax.se>
From: David Conrad <david.conrad@nominum.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:38:28 -0800
Delivery-Date: Thu Dec 27 22:38:26 2001
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: What are we trying to do?

So, to be clear, do you feel that the advantages the existing DNS provide in
terms of scalability, cachability, reliability, redundancy, etc. have
insignificant value in the context of public key distribution or do you feel
it is better to reinvent an architecture that will provide those attributes
(and if so, why)?

Rgds,
-drc

On 12/27/01 12:02 PM, "Randy Bush" <randy@psg.com> wrote:

>> My opinion is that we are trying to provide a common means for
>> applications to distribute public keys amongst elements scattered
>> across the (inter)network.
>
> a noble and useful goal.  in the ietf, this is usually in the security
> area.
>
> randy

Home | Date list | Subject list