To: EPP Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: James Gould <jgould@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 14:08:04 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RFC4310bis (RFC 5910) Has Been Published

Title: RFC4310bis (RFC 5910) Has Been Published
All,

Yesterday RFC4310bis (RFC 5910) has been published.  The specification can be found at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5910.txt.  I would like to thank all of those on this list that contributed to this effort.  I want to especially thank Olafur for stepping forward to be the Document Sheppard.

The next step is implementing RFC 5910, I have updated the VeriSign Java EPP SDK to support both secDNS-1.0 and secDNS-1.1.  The VeriSign Java EPP SDK also includes a Stub Server that simulates the behavior of a real server that supports both secDNS-1.0 and secDNS-1.1.  I worked on the code while working on RFC4310bis, which helped ensure that the contents of the RFC4310bis can be implemented in a client and a server.  The biggest challenge I had was supporting both secDNS-1.0 and secDNS-1.1 at the same time and keying off of the EPP <login> command <extURI> elements to drive the behavior of the <domain:info> command.  My experience in supporting this within the Stub Server of the VeriSign Java EPP SDK led to some of the content in section 2 of RFC 5910.  We will be releasing the VeriSign Java EPP SDK soon (i.e. by the end of the month) and it’s available as open source in the event other clients want to validate their implementations against a local validating EPP Stub Server that supports the behavior defined in RFC 5910 (including support for DS Data Interface and Key Data Interface).  The Stub Server can be customized to support specific client test scenarios.

I have an open question around support for RFC 5910 with the other EPP SDK’s (i.e. Net::DRI, EPP-RTK).  The liberty-rtk-addon supports RFC 4310 in the EPP-RTK, so is someone from Afilias looking to update liberty-rtk-addon to support RFC 5910?

Finally, please post to the list any implementation experience with RFC 5910 so that we can all benefit.

Thanks,

--

JG

James F. Gould
Principal Software Engineer
VeriSign Naming Services
jgould@verisign.com
Direct: 703.948.3271
Mobile: 703.628.7063

21345 Ridgetop Circle
LS2-2-1
Dulles, VA 20166

Notice to Recipient:
This e-mail contains confidential, proprietary and/or Registry  Sensitive information intended solely for the recipient and, thus may not be  retransmitted, reproduced or disclosed without the prior written consent of  VeriSign Naming and Directory Services.  If you have received  this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately by  telephone or reply e-mail and destroy the original message without making a  copy.  Thank you.

Home | Date list | Subject list