To: Michael Young <myoung@ca.afilias.info>, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@shinkuro.com>, EPP Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: James Gould <jgould@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:09:02 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] a question for the list

Title: Re: [ietf-provreg] a question for the list
I second Michael.  The sponsorship query service could be defined using a new EPP Mapping and the info command (filters defined in the command supporting sponsorship information across multiple entity types).  This is just one example of a use case that could go up the standards track if there was enough cross-cutting need.  I don’t personally see a need for this but others might.  I wouldn’t touch the base protocol unless it was absolutely necessary, but to focus on the set of custom mappings and extensions that have been created and are being created to see if there is more general interest of moving them up the standards track.  We have many custom mappings and extensions that might be of interest as well.  Collaboration by an EPP Working Group would help address the issue of the growing set of custom EPP mappings and extensions.

--

JG

James F. Gould
Principal Software Engineer
VeriSign Naming Services
jgould@verisign.com
Direct: 703.948.3271
Mobile: 703.628.7063

21345 Ridgetop Circle
LS2-2-1
Dulles, VA 20166

Notice to Recipient:
This e-mail contains confidential, proprietary and/or Registry  Sensitive information intended solely for the recipient and, thus may not be  retransmitted, reproduced or disclosed without the prior written consent of  VeriSign Naming and Directory Services.  If you have received  this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately by  telephone or reply e-mail and destroy the original message without making a  copy.  Thank you.