To: <axelm@nic.at>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:42:51 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] Default contact element disclosure problem - RFC bug?

Alex,

Thye <dcp> element *is* the mechanism used to announce the server
operator's default data collection policy. It may help to read up on the
W3C Platform for Privacy Preferences (P3P) work.  That's the framework
we adopted and modified slightly for use in EPP at Eric
Brunner-Williams' request.  Eric is much more familiar with that work
than I am, so I hope he can provide more info as needed.

Scott