To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Frederico A C Neves <fneves@registro.br>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:59:05 -0300
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] EPP Server Implementer Help Needed

Scott,

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 07:16:48AM -0400, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
> I still need info from one server implementer that is willing to be
> included in an implementation report and confirm that they have
> implemented the TLS client identification features described in section
> 9 of 4934bis.  Specifically:
>
> 1. TLS implementations are REQUIRED to support the mandatory cipher
> suite specified in the implemented version:
>
> 2. Mutual client and server authentication using the TLS Handshake
> Protocol is REQUIRED.
>
> 3. Signatures on the complete certification path for both client machine
> and server machine MUST be validated as part of the TLS handshake.
>
> 4. Information included in the client and server certificates, such as
> validity periods and machine names, MUST also be validated.
>
> 5. EPP service MUST NOT be granted until successful completion of a TLS
> handshake and certificate validation
>
> Most of these come for free with a good TLS toolkit.  Are there any
> server implementers willing to confirm that they've implemented these
> features?  I've already confirmed that VeriSign has implemented these
> features.

I could confirm that our server does implement all these features.

On the client side I could confirm several production clients. Some
using our own client, private implementations and at least two client
using Verising NameStore and Key-Systems.

Our own client software does almost all checks except the validation
of the server name and the CN on the server certificate. Next release
will include this small patch.

> -Scott-

Fred