To: <Chris.Newman@Sun.COM>, <lisa@osafoundation.org>
Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, <iesg@ietf.org>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:28:31 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RE: Standards Track Advancement Request for EPP RFCs

Chris,

Your mention of TLS below reminded me of a need to check the other
normative references in the complete document set to see where they are
on the standards track.  I found three that we should talk about:

In 4930: 3066 (BCP, obsoleted by 4646 and 4647)

In 4931: 952 (status unknown)

In 4932: 952 (status unknown), 4291 (Draft)

3066 can be addressed by updating the reference.  952 is so old that
it's a de-facto standard, but since it's not on the standards track it
needs to be noted.

4291: is its status a show-stopper for advancement?  I'd like to have
that question answered before I invest a lot of time in making any
document updates to address the TLS topics you noted.

Can you point me to another specification that includes a TLS usage
profile that addresses the features you described?  I'd like to see an
example that has recently passed muster with the IESG.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list