To: "Eugenio Pinto" <eugenio.pinto@fccn.pt>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 07:16:35 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RE: defining a reason code

Title:
From section 2.6 of RFC 4930:

"Zero or more OPTIONAL <extValue> elements", and

"A <reason> element containing a human-readable message that describes the reason for the error.  The language of the response is identified via an OPTIONAL "lang" attribute.  If not specified, the default attribute value MUST be "en" (English)."

No namespace needed, but you've got the <reason> element inside a <value> element when it should be inside an <extValue> element.  You should have some text in there, too.  Perhaps something like "5004: Invalid password".

-Scott-