To: "Klaus Malorny" <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 08:53:16 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] Question regarding contact:disclose behaviour.

Derivation is easy: the default applies to everything.  What you can't
easily specify are element-by-element distinctions.  I think that's what
you're suggesting, and if so, I agree.

> In addition, RFC3730bis says on page 9:
>
>           Policy information MUST be disclosed to
> provisioning entities,
>           though the method of disclosing policy data outside
> of direct
>           protocol interaction is beyond the scope of this
> specification.
>
> This makes the actual value of the <dcp> contents
> questionable, except if the
> registry uses multiple policies in parallel and the policy
> which applies to the
> registrar's connection is determined dynamically -- which is
> IMHO rather unlikely.

I won't disagree, and frankly I'm not that comfortable with any of this
DCP or contact:disclose stuff.  Remember that I, too, questioned the
form when others suggested it was necessary.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list