To: "Dan Maharry" <dan@mcd.coop>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:19:11 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] Registry Escrow Information as EPP Spec?

[snip]

> While I'm at it, working through our current escrow
> requirements brought
> up a few other EPP-related questions. If anyone has an answer, please
> let me know.
>
>  - With the escrow information for registrars almost identical to that
> for domains, hosts and contacts, why aren't registrars regarded as EPP
> objects.

They could be.  No one has ever taken the time to create a registrar
object specification, probably because no one has yet identified a need.

>  - Should reserved domain names be regarded as domains in EPP
> as well? I
> would have thought Yes.

"Reserved" according to whose definition?  That's a loaded question.

As I see it, the concept of reservation is a local implementation
matter, not an interoperability matter.  If your registry chooses to
disallow registration of some names because the labels carry some sort
of semantic significance, that's up to you.

I don't, for example, see a problem with allowing <info> commands on
such domains.  The case for other commands may be more difficult to
make.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list