To: janusz <janusz@ca.afilias.info>
CC: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:13:14 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] registries, XML & EPP (again)

janusz wrote:
> Klaus Malorny wrote:
>

>> On the other hand, while EPP does provide a legal means to create
>> additional commands via the second level "<epp:extension>" element,
>> one should rethink the fixed command set of the "commandType" schema
>> type when an update of EPP is considered. Having an additional command
>> as an extension outside of the "<command>" element, it is not clear
>> that the typical command/response behaviour shall apply to this
>> command as well.
>>

> Klaus,
> if "commandType" schema type was extended as you are proposing then EPP
> protocol would have more than one way of creating new EPP commands. What
> should be then the policy for protocol implementers for choosing one way
> over the other? Do you have any particular criteria in mind?
>
> Janusz

Hi Janusz,

well, as I said, that they behave like other commands, i.e. that the answer is a
<response> element with the known structure.

regards,

Klaus

      |       |
      | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                           Technologiepark
                                         Martin-Schmeißer-Weg 9
      Dipl. Inf. Klaus Malorny           44227 Dortmund
      Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de             Tel. +49 231 9703 0

Home | Date list | Subject list