To: "Gerhard Winkler" <gerhard.winkler@univie.ac.at>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:50:40 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] RE: EPP domain:transfer

You can easily define an authInfo extension and a domain <update>
extension to trigger the initial transfer request and token delivery to
the registrant.  That is, extend the <update> command to add features
(like maybe a new "transferRequested" status value) to support a token
delivery request.  Then the <transfer> is used as currently defined to
return the token in the <authInfo>.

Moving the transfer stuff out of the core is NOT a good idea.  It would
mean having to replicate all of the transfer stuff in the contact
mapping as well.

Contact me off-list if this isn't clear enough.  I can probably kludge
up some examples in a few minutes if that would help.

-Scott-

Home | Date list | Subject list