To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Patrick Mevzek <provreg@contact.dotandco.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:43:32 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] EPP to Draft: Next Steps

Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net> 2005-09-21 00:36
> > And when XML did not exist, what was normative in the RFC ? The text,
> > no ? :-)
>
> During the drafting process Scott published the corresponding schema.

I was speaking about other RFCs, either not using XML at all, or
before XML existed and became widespread for protocols.

I know that I probably should have followed the well known rule that
the code (here the XML schema) is more authoritative than the
documentation (here the text), but I'm still a newbie here.
Of course, I have noone to blame, except me, and
I just hope things will be even better in the next iteration, with
this discrepancy removed so that my error will benefit others.

--
Patrick Mevzek
Dot and Co <http://www.dotandco.com/>

Home | Date list | Subject list