To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew@ca.afilias.info>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:34:29 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] EPP Document Updates

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 12:14:23PM +0200, Jaap Akkerhuis wrote:

> I note that this ID seems to concentrate on issues for gTLD type
> registries. As en example, the problems signalled over Domain
> Registry Grace Period. What I would like to see is a similar document
> decsribing more ccTLD centered issues.

Well, I wrote it on the basis of my experience; and so far, the
primary areas where I've noted difficulties in the protocol are due
to my experiences working with gTLDs.  That isn't to say that the
ccTLDs we support don't have any of these problems; the overloading
of some status values' meanings is, IMO, a difficulty in those
registries as well.

> not during or after last call. You really want most (all) players
> on board and be participating.

That's precisely why we're beating the bushes looking for people's
experience.

----
<andrew@ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110