To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew@ca.afilias.info>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:53:56 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] 3730 <poll> Text Change Proposal

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 05:25:22PM -0400, Edward Lewis wrote:
> not necessary."  I.e., the initiator and responder ought to tolerate
> being told of a transfer request, but the other party must be told.
>
> Is that what we are going towards?

I hope not, because I'm trying to make the whole thing optional (if
we don't take the other approach I suggested).  My experience of
clients' actual use of the message queue is that many of them simply
don't.  I want to make it more useful for them, in the hope that
they'll use it and spare me creating more needless reports.

----
<andrew@ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110

Home | Date list | Subject list