To: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: James Gould <jgould@verisign.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:24:22 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] Services messages in RFC 3730

Title: Services messages in RFC 3730
All,

I believe the current text describing who receives service messages in RFC 3730 is too strict.  The text that I'm referring to reads:

Service messages MUST be  created for all clients affected by an action on an object. For  example, <transfer> actions MUST be reported to both the client that  requests an object transfer and the client that has the authority to  approve or reject the transfer request.

This means that the client making the request also receives a poll message even through the client receives the same information in the response and can receive the same information with a transfer query.

I would prefer that the text read like the following:

Service messages MUST be  created for all clients affected by an action on an object that did not directly execute the action. For  example, <transfer> actions MUST be reported to both the client that  requests an object transfer and the client that has the authority to  approve or reject the transfer request for a server action.

Based on the update text, the client that MUST receive a poll message for each transfer operation is below (requesting client is the client that executed the transfer request and the owning client is the current owning client of the object):

--

JG

James F. Gould
VeriSign Naming and Directory Services
jgould@verisign.com

This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized use, distribution, or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify sender immediately and destroy/delete the original transmission

Home | Date list | Subject list