To: ietf-provreg@cafax.se, shollenbeck@verisign.com
From: Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:08:54 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: [ietf-provreg] Clarification re. localized data in EPP Contact Mapping (RFC3733)

Hi Scott et al.,

I am a bit in doubt whether I understand the EPP Contact Mapping document
(RFC3733) correctly regarding the use of localized data for the
name/organization and address, therefore I would appreciate if you could comment it:

   - IMHO it is within the registry's policy to accept only "loc" versions or
     only "int" versions. EPP does not mandate that both are accepted.

   - IMHO it is within the registry's policy to accept only a subset of
     the Unicode character set (which is still a superset of ASCII) for
     the "loc" versions. EPP does not mandate that the full Unicode set
     is accepted.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Klaus

      |       |
      | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                           Technologiepark
                                         Martin-Schmeißer-Weg 9
      Dipl. Inf. Klaus Malorny           44227 Dortmund
      Klaus.Malorny@knipp.de             Tel. +49 231 9703 0

Home | Date list | Subject list