To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
cc: "'enum@ietf.org'" <enum@ietf.org>, "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Bernie Hoeneisen <bhoeneis@switch.ch>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:44:16 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] New I/D: draft-hoeneisen-enum-validation-epp-00

Hi Scott!

Thanks for your feedback!

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:

> OK, I had a chance to take a closer look.  I noticed that you're using a
> 31-character token for the E.164 number.  Why is that?  An E.164 number can
> contain no more than 15 digits per E.164, so why allow a maximum of 31?  For
> what it's worth I used a type like this in the EPP contact mapping:

The idea behind this was to leave it a Registry policy issue (or up to the
validation method documentation), what format to use, in order to keep it
as generic as possible. This would allow over-dialing, and characters
such as "-", "(", ")" as seperators. Furthermore one could
describe number ranges, e.g. "+41-44-26815xx", with this format.
I do not have a strong opinion on which format to use for this.

> Also, throughout the document s/März/March/

Ouuppps...!
This is due to a bug in the "xml2rfc" package. It used my locale settings,
i.e. the environment variable "LC_TIME=de_CH" although any output
documents of the xml2rfc tool are in English. I have submitted a Bug
Report and informed the Debian maintainer about this issue. I even got
immediately a patch!
However, this will be correct in the next revision.

cheers,
  Bernie

Home | Date list | Subject list