To: "'Antony Perkov'" <antony.perkov@poptel.coop>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Gould, James" <JGould@verisign.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:43:41 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] Domain expiration and the poll command

Antony,

We currently don't send out any expiration notifications, but I agree that
this is a good idea.  I would either come up with a custom notification
message or utilize the info response (prior to the delete) along with a
specific <msgQ> <msg> element like "Expired domain deleted".  We came up
with several different custom notification messages for events like a
restore command that did not have a report within the required 5 day period.
The check response would serve as well, but the info response would provide
more information like the expiration date.

JG

James F. Gould
VeriSign Naming and Directory Services
jgould@verisign.com