To: Rick Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>, Andre Marais <andre@flame.co.za>
Cc: IETF Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Antony Perkov <antony.perkov@poptel.coop>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 18:18:26 +0100
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] Unique identifiers for Contact

In case anyone is interested, this is something we enforce as a matter of
policy in the .coop registry.

It has worked well so far in terms of preventing ID collisions, but is a
little strange when people start transferring contacts back and forth, and
causes some confusion when people first integrate with our system (i.e. when
they get errors because their IDs don't comply with our rules).

Home | Date list | Subject list